Canada is regarded as the most popular study destination among international students. It is home to several highly regarded universities and warmly welcomes multicultural cosmopolitans. The medical colleges in Canada provide top-notch programs and exposure to other cultures regarding nursing study abroad, giving students the information and abilities they need to join the core of the international medical sector. You may select from various nursing courses in Canada whether you seek a nursing diploma or comprehensive degree programs. This site offers you a thorough overview of nursing programs in Canada, the best medical schools, requirements, and more.
Why Choose Canada to Study Nursing?
Canada is one of the top nations to study nursing, with many universities appearing at the top of the QS University Rankings for Nursing in 2022.
The nation is home to the most significant nursing institutions and universities in the globe, offering degrees in nursing that are recognized worldwide, as well as world-class education and training.
In Canada, nursing programs emphasize giving student’s practical training in various areas, including disease prevention, disease treatment, and more.
Canadian medical colleges and nursing schools collaborate internationally with other health organizations to give students the finest exposure. These institutions are known for their research and development.
Nursing is also the profession with the highest demand in the modern world, and Canadian institutions and the government generously grant scholarships to students from around the globe.
Some of the most renowned hospitals and clinics in the nation employ nurses. A nurse makes an average yearly income of CAD 81,152 (INR 50 Lakhs).
Top Nursing Specializations in Canadian Programs
Top Canadian institutions offer more than 100 nursing courses with various specializations and degree levels. Students can select from multiple domains in this discipline, ranging from a certificate or diploma program to a Ph.D. degree. The following are some of the most popular nursing specializations offered in Canada:
- Nursing specialties include
- Cardiac Nursing
- Emergency Nursing
- Medical-surgical nursing
- Gastroenterology Nursing
- Public health nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- General Nursing
- International Nursing
- Nursing Assisting
- Pre-health Sciences
- Critical care nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Nursing & midwifery
- Nursing & midwifery are also included.
Additionally, after finishing your selected degree and depending on your area of concentration, you can start a nursing job in places like:
- Healthcare centres
- Medical institutes
- Community Services
- Long l term/critical care facilities
The price of nursing school in Canada
The price of nursing courses in Canada is as follows:
- Bachelor’s Programs
53,000 to 170,000 [30 lakhs to 98 lakhs in Indian rupees]
- Masters Programs
$80,000 to $180,000 (about $465,000 to $1.3 million)
- Depending on the university
On-campus costs range from 400 to 3,000 per month (INR 21K to 1.62 Lakhs).
- Monthly Travel Costs
80–110 (INR 4,000–5,000)
Best Nursing Programs in Canada
Having learned about the best specializations, let’s examine the main categories of nursing courses offered in Canada:
- Bachelor’s degree
Bachelor of Nursing (BN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Master Level
Either a Master in Nursing (MN) or a Master in Nursing Science (MSN)
- Doctoral Level PhD
Nursing is available through the Master in Applied Science in Nursing (MASc) program.
Here is a comprehensive list of the best nursing programs available in Canada under these diploma and degree degrees:
Best Nursing Programs Course Duration
- 2-year psychiatric nursing diploma
- 2 years Nursing Bachelor’s Degree [BN]
- 2 years are required for the BSN in nursing degree
- Graduate Certificate in Enhanced Nursing Practice – Clinical and Critical Care, lasting three to 4 years
- 1-year Graduate Certificate in Acute Complex Care for Internationally Trained Nurses from Ontario College
- 1-year Nursing Doctorate (MN)
- 2 years to earn an MSN in Nursing
- A two-year master’s degree in nursing in primary health care
- 2-year Master of Science in Nursing with Feminist and Gender Studies concentration
- 2 years of graduate study in experimental surgery
- 2 years for a nursing master’s in public health
- 2 years in total Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Master of Nursing 2 years
- Nursing Ph.D. 5 years
Canadian nursing programs after the 12th
The list of nursing courses you can take following your 12th-grade year is as follows:
- Nursing Practice Diploma: 2 years
- Psychiatric nursing diploma: 2 years
- Nursing Bachelor’s Degree [BN]: 2 years
- Nursing Bachelor of Science (BSN): 3–4 years
- Graduate Certificate in Enhanced Nursing Practice—Clinical and Critical Care: 1 year
- Graduate Certificate in Acute Complex Care for Internationally Trained Nurses from Ontario College: 1 year
Conditions for Eligibility
You must meet the entrance standards outlined by your preferred university to apply for a nursing degree in Canada. We have mentioned the general eligibility requirements and document checklist you must keep in mind while applying to nursing programs in Canada, even if these course requirements may change depending on the program and university:
To be eligible for bachelor’s degree nursing programs in Canada, a candidate must have finished secondary school or an equivalent program with Mathematics, English, Biology, and Chemistry as their four core topics.
In addition to meeting all other eligibility requirements, candidates for master’s degree programs must hold a registered nurse license and a four-year bachelor’s degree in nursing. Additionally, many colleges need at least one year of clinical experience.
For doctoral-level programs, applicants must hold a master’s degree in nursing or an equivalent degree.
They must also submit test scores measuring their language skills, such as the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc. Additionally, certain nursing schools may require GRE results for Ph.D. programs, and several Canadian academic institutions may require you to take the CASPer test, also known as the Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics, for bachelor’s degrees.
- Go to the university’s official website.
- Examine the course outline and the prerequisites.
- Select the appropriate university’s application form.
- You must first make an account by entering your email address or mobile number.
- Login information and verification will be sent to your registered contact number by email or SMS.
- Log in with the given credentials and fill in your personal information (name, gender, date of birth).
- Enter your academic background and provide the necessary paperwork.
- Decide on a course and submit your application.
- The application cost can be paid using a debit/credit card or online banking and varies depending on the university.
- Please submit your application; you may follow its progress through your account.
- Some colleges may compel chosen students to participate in a virtual interview.
Before choosing to enrol in nursing courses in Canada, you must have the following papers on hand:
- Official Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Test results (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Letters of recommendation and Statements of Purpose (SOP) (LORs)
- Document of CAS per Exam for courses leading to a bachelor’s degree
- A valid RN license is required for master’s degree courses.
- Research Paper for Ph.D. courses (if you have conducted any research)
Note: The qualifying conditions and documentation described above are only illustrative and conform to standard standards. To learn about the actual course requirements, students are urged to visit the official website of the university they have selected. Or you can contact Live Web Tutors Nursing Assignment Help experts for guidance.In this way, you can have your nursing assignment completed without any difficulty. If you are still unable to prepare it accurately, then do not hesitate and consider reaching out to online Assignment Help service experts at Live Web Tutors and get all the assistance you are looking for.
Top Canadian Universities with Nursing Programs
In Canada, there are a lot of well-known medical colleges and universities that provide a variety of nursing degrees. Check out the following list of top nursing schools and colleges in Canada:
- Western University
- Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- King’s College London
- University of Ottawa
- McMaster University